SAIC Faculty Orders
The VDB is not only a leading international distribution service - we are also an excellent resource for faculty at the School of the Art Institute. Nearly all of the titles in distribution are available for SAIC classroom use or viewing in our screening room.
Below are the guidelines for faculty checkout and screening room reservations. Please do not hesitate to contact us with questions.
Faculty DVD, Blu-Ray, and VHS Check-out Policy and Procedure:
- If you have never used our online checkout system, please contact VDB to authenticate your SAIC Faculty User account. Please send us the following information:
• Department / Course
- VDB staff will reply with a user name and password which you can use to place classroom orders through our website.
- Please note only current faculty of the school can order items for check out. Orders may picked up by your current T.A. for classroom use.
- When placing your online orders please select only Single Screening rental options. Be sure to let us know the classroom screening date at checkout. Select In-Store pick up as your shipping option.
- We require at least ONE WEEK'S NOTICE (five whole working days) for faculty requests. This is so we have time to make copies of the titles, if necessary. There are no exceptions to this rule, so please plan your courses and reserve your tapes and DVDs in advance.
- The maximum number of titles faculty can reserve at one time is six.
-Video Data Bank titles can be checked out only for classes composed of SAIC students and screened in classes held on the SAIC campus.
- Prompt return of the titles is required. DVDS ARE DUE BACK ON THE SAME DAY THEY ARE CHECKED-OUT. (DVDs used for night classes after VDB hours can be returned through the drop slot on the VDB door.) Faculty members' VDB privileges will be frozen if DVDs have not been returned on the same day as checkout.
-Checked out titles are authorized for screening use in SAIC classes only, conducted on SAIC campus.
- Students do not have check-out privileges at the Video Data Bank. You may certainly place titles on hold for students and assign them to schedule a viewing appointment in our screening room.